Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Passing a Variable into a Wizard

Jump to solution

Is it possible to take a parameter value and pass it to a Wizard? What are some steps to accomplish this?

I understand that $L.file passes a record/file to the Wizard. The problem is the Wizard I open creates a record within itself of cm3r. I need the wizard to pass the variable/parameter of a custom type into the cm3r file.

I have on "Actions" the category in $L.file=si.changetype in $<.......> and I need the <....> to be the variable I passed in.

Summary:

I have a wizard I have created that opens a change on a custom table. I now have a button that opens the wizard. Is there a way to take the file you are on inside the custom table and pass it to the called wizard?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried that John but for some reason the variable wasn't populating. I ended up just generating a $G.variable in the process before cm.open was called do a cleanup at the end of the wizard.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Admiral
Admiral

Hi Justin,

You can create a temp $G.variable and assign to it => si.changetype in $<.......>  when the user clicks the button and then destroy it after the value gets assigned inside the wizard.

At this point with current structure of wizard.run rad and wizard utility I don't see an option to pass two $file variables.

SM Support Engineer

Thank you for using the Micro Focus Community. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an "accept as solution".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

In the starting panel of your wizard, accept $L.file passed in.

--Then initialize any variables you need so that you can capture the information from the record as needed.

In the second panel of your wizard, DO NOT accept $L.file passed in

--Instead create your new record/file

--Use the variables initialized in the first panel of the wizard to populate information from the change ticket as needed in the new record.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried that John but for some reason the variable wasn't populating. I ended up just generating a $G.variable in the process before cm.open was called do a cleanup at the end of the wizard.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.