Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Permission to escalate Interaction

Hello all! 

Could someone help me with the problem below?

Im trying to escalate an Interaction and getting the following message:

"User xxx dont have permission to execute action: escalate"

Where in SM i can give the user permission to such action?

Im using AddEscalateToIncidentInteraction from SM Webservice.

Thanks all,

Heron

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Permission to escalate Interaction

Hi Heron,

What version of SM are you working in and is it a Process Designer environment?

Audrey

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Audrey, 

Yes i´m using the Process Designer Env.

About the SM version im not sure but i´ll check it tomorrow and let you know.

I´m also experiencing another strange behavior in some SDs.

The WebService returns a message saying the SD was updated but it wont escalate it.

I created another topic since its another kind of behavior.

http://community.hpe.com/t5/Service-Manager-Service-Center/WebService-Escalate-Interaction-Problem/td-p/6889921

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Audrey, the infos are as follow:

Curremt SM Version: 9.20 and it´s not a process designer enviorement.

I attached a screenshot of the current WS configuration.

I´m not sure what triggers both behaviors but after trying to escalate an interaction it will either return with a message saying "..current user has no permission to execute action: escalate"  or "... SDXXXX was updated succesfully but nothing happens"

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I don't remember how security is setup in 9.20, so are you still using Profile records or do you have the new security model with areas and security roles that give rights in those areas?

It really seems like the user opening the Interaction doesn't have New rights in the Incident module.

Audrey

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hmmmm thats strange, all the roles for my user are set to sysadmin, as the screenshot shows.

Any idea which config i might be missing? 

Also, for some SDs the webservice returns a message saying "... SD was succesfully updated.." bu nothing happens (SD is not escalated)

Any thoughts on that ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

The message re the SD being updated seems accurate, since the SD is created.  It is the IM that is not being added/updated.

I don't have a non-PD environment anymore, so I can't refer back, but in non-PD isn't Escalate a displayoption?  If so, have you checked the condition of the displayoption?

Audrey

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yep, it is a display option and theoretically you can also escalate an SD via SM WebService.

I tested via the Escalate button and it worked but im developing an app to retrieve all SDs with status "Open - Linked" and escalate it using the Escalate action on the WebService.

Is there any topic or keywords that i could search with alternatives on automatically escalating SD´s based on a especific Area/ Subarea ?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.