Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Please Help :: How to get Upstream & Downstream CI Relationships in SM through RestFul API?

Hello Experts,

I would need your inputs on how to fetch CI Relationships data against one particular CI through Restful API. I can't really find any lead on the same.

I will be waiting for your valuable inputs. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Sachin

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Please Help :: How to get Upstream & Downstream CI Relationships in SM through RestFul API?

Hi,

i don't think that there is a OOB possbility to get the current ci + all related CIs in one RESTful call.

With the ChatOps Integration (Slack via Hubot), you can customize the restful response.
With this you should be able to get what you need.

You can find the chatops package here: https://marketplace.microfocus.com/itom/content/sm-chatops

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: Please Help :: How to get Upstream & Downstream CI Relationships in SM through RestFul API?

Hi,
Through restful API is it not possible to find CI Relationship?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi,

i don't think so.

Based on what I know, the result for a detail record (means /SM/9/rest/<servicename>/<recordid> ) contains only the current record.

But you can modify the Restful* ScriptLibrary to enable the functionality to get a CI record + their relationships.
(but I don't think that this is a good idea 😄 )

For me, the solution with the ChatOps package it's the best without many customization 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.