Highlighted
New Member..
New Member..

Posibility to deep link directly to an item in the service catalog

Does anyone know if it is possible to make e.g. a button on the regular ESS "Submit new Request" format which "deep links" directly to an item in the service catalog (i.e. display the item in the svcCat.disp.item format)?

Since the "regular" catalog application sd.catalog.request does not seem to enable passing an item directly, I have tried to make the button call the RAD svcCat.display.item (with the item filehandle as file parameter and an empty cart filehandle as second.file parm), which also shows the item that I want - but if I then click on the Submit button (the item is a noncart item), then nothing happens and the sd/rf is not created.

Is it in any way possible to achive this? Is there a javascript function I can call to create the cart/sd/rf after showing in svcCat.display.item RAD or is there another RAD which could be called?

Best regards,
Michael

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.