Absent Member.. steven steichen Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Prevent Search Results From Refreshing when records updated

I need to stop the list view (form=probsummary.qbe.g) from refreshing when a record is updated. 

Specific example. Search for all open Incidents. Chose an Incident in the list of results that's not the first record. Close that Incident and click save. The list of results will refresh and the closed record is removed yet the current record is the record you closed. The search results were for Open Incident and the record is no longer open and is removed when the list is refreshed. I'd like to prevent the refresh of the list of result so that the closed record remains in the list (with the stale values) and the curcur stays on the original selected record.

The users tell me they move up and down the list of search results and work on them as needed and when the list refreshed and they lose there place. They report that this use to be static after the original search and "i broke it". 

They would like this for all search results regardless of module. process cc.search I think.

Thanks for the help. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Acclaimed Contributor.. Kelalek2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Prevent Search Results From Refreshing when records updated

I don't think it's possible to disable search results from refreshing. It's a feature, not a bug 🙂

Only way to achieve you want is to modify your search so that it doesn't lose the searched tickets even the ticket's data is changed. Of course this means you've to (they have to) know pretty well what the process is.

For example:

true and service="Example" and (status="open" or (status="closed" and updated.by=operator() and update.time<(tod()-'0 02:00:00')

In the example, I assume the Service stays same and even the Status changes, I try to keep the changed tickets in a list by assuming that the user has updated those tickets recently.

This approach is quite complicated and requires the use of Advanced Search, but I'm not able to come up with any workaround.

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.