UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Problem after pasting content with HTML styling containing a relative path into HTML Editor object

Hi,

We have replaced the text area object for the description field in many of our tickets with an HTML Editor object and we are experiencing problems when a user copies and pastes content from certain places, if the source content includes HTML styling using a relative path that is not accessible from Service Manager.

In some instances the user will save the ticket, but if any attempt is made to access it again the user will be kicked out of Service Manager. In other instances, immediately after pasting the content the user will be kicked out, before they even attempt to save the ticket. I would have expected it to just not display the content correctly, not to kick the user out.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and know of a resolution?

Thanks,
Audrey

3 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello Audrey,

This behavior might be an issue with the HTML Editor, if you have not yet reported it to Support please open a ticket to ask R&D about a possible fix.

Regards,

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi @Jinesta 

I have opened a ticket with Micro Focus and they are investigating.

During my testing I was also able to determine that content copied from an article opened in the Edge or Chrome browser produces this problem when pasted into my HTML Editor object in Service Manager, regardless of which browser Service Manager is launched in.  If the same content is copied from an article opened in Internet Explorer if does not produce this result.  I guess the copy of html tags behaves differently in these different browsers.  Regardless, I still would not expect to be kicked out.

Audrey

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Audrey,
I agree should not kick out the users for sure. Hope the investigation confirm there is a defect and it can be resolved in future versions.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.