Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem in the "New Update Type" drop down in problem management module.

Hi All,

There is a problem with the "New Update Type" dropdown in problem management module. When I do some update in the form and try to save it , it gives an error saying "Please Provide an update". After clicking "OK" I go back to the form and the control goes to the "New Update" textbox. When I click on the drop down of the "New Update Type" it comes as null and hence I am unable to select any value. But if I try to give an update in the "New Update" text box and save the form, the values of the drop down gets populated after the page gets reloaded after save.

Below is the information of the dropdown:
input: $pm.activity
Value list condition: select("activity.name","activitytype","table","rootcause","visible","YES")

kindly help me in this.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Anjali

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Problem in the "New Update Type" drop down in problem management module.

Hi,

I couldn't replicate it OOB using 9.4x. Could you confirm the version of SM you have? Additionally, please verify you have activity type records for root cause table. You may go to the database manager, look for the table a"activitytype" and then in the table field enter "rootcause" and click search. If you get no records, let's create one as a test and try again from the problem record.

Regards,

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Luis,

Thank you so much for the advice. 🙂

I am using SM9.40 . I have checked the activitytype for rootcause, it is present and thus we dont need to create any. still the values are not getting populated in the drop down.

Regards,

Anjali

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi, The values in the drop-down list comes from the activitytype table. Please make sure the values that you have for table "rootcause" has a Visible as "YES". Also check the globallist "$G.pma.activity.type" and check whether you are getting the valuelist populated or not. If not, re-build this globallist and re-start the lister background process. Good Luck !!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi PB,

Thank you for your time and suggestion.

I checked whatever you mentioned but I am still not getting the values in the drop down.

I would like to tell you that it is not that the values are not coming at all. They are coming once the page loads.

The problem is when suppose I update the Problem form and try to save it without giving an update, I will get an error pop up which asks me to "Provide an Update". Now if I go to the "New Update Type" dropdown , I dont see any value there. If again I give the comment in the "New Update" rich text box and save the form (the page gets reloaded) and then again the dropdown is populated with the appropriate value. Thus in this case the activity table does not get any value for the "Type" column and thus it remains empty.

Thank you.

Regards,

Anjali

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.