Super Contributor.. Atyler68 Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Problem with Incidents SLA notifications and alerts

Hello Experts,

I'm having an issue with Incident SLAs. I have created the SLA in my QA environment along with the alerts and notifications.

My goal is to have a notification sent out when the Incident has reached 75% and when it has breached the time to fix.

In my QA environment, the SLA is attached to the incident when created but when the SLA time is reached or breached the notifications are not being sent.

I have checked the eventout and there is nothing hung or stuck. I have checked the Scheduler and I see where the SLA for the Incident is there along with the Expiration date but that is all that I see. 

I have attached some pictures of what I have created. If you could give me some advice on getting this resolve I really would appreciate it.

9-24-2017 5-00-55 AM.jpgSLA9-24-2017 5-01-25 AM.jpg9-24-2017 5-01-45 AM.jpgAlert9-24-2017 5-02-05 AM.jpg9-24-2017 5-02-55 AM.jpgNotification Definition9-24-2017 5-03-13 AM.jpg

0 Likes
7 Replies
sanyada185 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Problem with Incidents SLA notifications and alerts

Hi,

Congifurations seems to be Ok, can you check if the sla is geeting applied to the right ticket?

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

@sanyada185

Thank you for your reply. When I check the Incidents it shows the correct SLA along with the next update times.

But it nevers sends the notifications.

0 Likes
Highlighted
sanyada185 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

What is your sm version? is it with pdcp?

Are you getting other notification for the group members of assignment?

If above normal notifications are floating, try and put true in the condition for  notification and double check the html template used, are you able to priview any ticket for same?

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
Super Contributor..

Good morning,

The version of SM is 9.40 Codeless with Process Designer.

Yes, When I enter a Change Request the notifications go out. I will try your suggestion of making the condition true and see if I get a different result. Thank you for taking the time to help with this issue.

I will let you know the results. 

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. fcbcd Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

I have 2 places - SLA being 75% on Incidents being one where I try to use a notification to send an HTMLtemplate.  The email actually triggers but isn't looking at the right table.  I have a case open with HP and as a work around I created a form and use the notification to call a msg for the title of the email and the form to send the body of the email.  Not as pretty as an htmltemplate.

See attached.  you can see my original line trying to call the htmltemplate which I have falsed out until I get a resolution from support.

The 2nd line is the email that actually triggers.

0 Likes
SandyAdmin Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Since other notification is working from other modules, I agree that you may need to concentrate on the notification configuration and make sure it is having the correct values. One thing I have previously done was duplicating the one of the working notification file(set a new name and click +add). From there just edit the values. 

I just noticed 2 things which are likely not the same as my settings. 

1. for the one having the "Group File" = assignment - I have the value for its "Group Area" = All; yours is blank. Kindly check, I have not tested this if what is the effect

2. Just a clarification as I have this mistake before...not taking care of the details :). In the "Msg Class" field. I have mistyped the value before and have it as ""HTML Template" with a SPACE., and it shouldn't have. It is a one-word value of "HTMLTemplate". Really, please confirm as I think it is having Space.(I really need an eye check if I'm wrong).

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Good morning @SandyAdmin,

Yes I have ensured that there is not a space in the word. I was thinking the same thing when I first looked at it. I have made sure that I have typed it out.

I think that it might be something like a process that is not running or something.

I have also tested the

"Group File" = assignment , "Group Area" = All

Still no notifications.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.