Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Process Designer, restrict task planner fields

Hi experts,
I need to modify the "Task-Properties" form so that only a "sysadmin" be able to see the "Task template" field.
It would be of great help to know which is the filename of this form to modify it, how to manage the rights of seeing this field or any way I can accomplish this.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Jdelcolp,

I hope you are doing fine.

I worked on a Support Ticket with this same request. We verified with R&D that this form is constructed in the client code and there is no option to add or remove fields, customization is not possible.   You should have to open an ER to have this considered for a future release of the product.

Best regards,

Andres Valverde Jimenez

HP Software Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

Also, please assign a Kudo to the post if you find it is helpful

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi Andres!

I understand what you say, but is there any way to edit the script responsible of this form o any way at all to achieve something that would allow me to grey out this field?

Thanks!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Jdelcolp,

The name of the form is cm3r.tasks.horz. Just go to the form designer (type fd on the sm command line), and search for the cm3r.tasks.horz form. Then click on design and select the "task planner" button. You can go to the properties and perhaps you can implement a condition into the "visible condition" so only certain users will be able to select the button.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Andres Valverde Jimenez

HP Software Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

Also, please assign a Kudo to the post if you find it is helpful

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi Andres,

That form is as far as we got when we tried to do this. We need that button visible because users need to plan tasks, but they should not be allowed to apply templates to said tasks.

We will submit an ER as you said.

Thank you anyway!

Best regards,

Juan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Adres, thanks for the reply.

Your comment is true, but I need to edit the "pop-up", "format" because users should not be able to assign templates or add a condition for example.

I need to edit the format 😞

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

You may be able to prevent them from entering a template by assigning assign user roles to all templates so that the user has no access to any task templates (this would prevent them from using them either from task planner or when working directly on a task).

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.