Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
dfilipovic2 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Process Desinger - Request Management - Create New Task

Hello guys,

I want to create an action that will start create request task process.

I had an a idea to display form which corresponds to Create New Request Task form, but if that operator wants to continue process and work on that task he will need to go to menu and select that task.

Does anyone have idea how should I solve this problem?

Best regards,
Dino

0 Likes
5 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Kelalek2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Process Desinger - Request Management - Create New Task

I read your text several times, but I didn't catch what you're trying to achieve. Are you creating some sort of wizard for creating tasks? Could you clarify the steps a bit - and what's your reasoning such a modification is needed?

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello @Kelalek2,

Two our customers are requesting the same thing.

They want an ability to create new Request Task from Request if they are having more complex Request. So I can see logic behind it.

We have predefined - automatic tasks but they requested ability to create new.

I wanted to know if there is posibility to open a flow from Request Task (like on Change Task).

I could solve it like wizard, that is first thought.

Best regards,

Dino

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Thanks, I understood it much better!

What about tasks, are they a combination of automatically created tasks and new manually created ones or just manually created tasks?

---
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi @Kelalek2,

Currently, there are only manually created ones because the organization currently organization is not mature so they don't know everything in their services.

But in future we will configure automatic tasks for them.

So in future they will have hybrid mode, automatically created tasks and manually created tasks.

Best regards,

Dino

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Whoa...looked under a hood and adding new tasks to requests (by your own code) isn't a walk in park. Quite complicated.

There seems to be

• more tables involved than just the requestTask. Such as changeplan and ticketcontext which should be updated as well.
  • no docs describing what is the correct order of updating the tables mentioned and/or don't know what happens if either or both are not updated
  • no process code (like rm.open for opening requests) which could be called to handle all the nasty background operations

The only solution I know for adding new tasks (when the request is already opened) is possible in the Request's Task Plan section, if user has the rights to update requests. It opens a Task planner. It's not editable, though.

I'm sorry, but I can't help you more with this your mission. It's too demanding for my appetite, even I've tailored a lot our SM tool...

---
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.