Absent Member.. deepsm Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Pulling array field values in a dropdown

Hi Experts 

I have two tables and i have defined link between them, For ex. Main Table and subcategory table.

In subcategory table i have defind one array field(assignments) where i am adding assignments for the subcategory.

Now in main table i have defined one varchar field and via link i want to pull all the assignment group values as dropdown or fill button based on the select subcategory.

For Ex:- We have a subcategory as "Error Message" and in subcategory table assignment field i have defined three assignment values like "Support Team 1", "Support Team 2" and "Support Team 3",. Now whenever i select subcategory in main record i want these three values in assignment field. 

In my experiane "Everything is possible in service manager" we just need to know the correct way. I am using latest verion of service manager(9.41), not sure whether PD can help here.

Any clues on above requirement ?

For

Thanks,

Deepesh
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.. Kiran_BC Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Pulling array field values in a dropdown

Hi Deep,

In FD if you're using IM.update form in assignment field add these query in "value list condition"

select( "assignment", "subcategory", "subcategory", [subcategory] )

Regards,

Kiran

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.