Absent Member.
Absent Member.

QBE List Showing with no results

Jump to solution

In my system there is a new module that was added. There is an issue with the sytem that when you add a new record the QBE list shows on top of the page showing the new record you added on the bottom. Why does it do this? s there a way to hide the qbe like maximize the mainscreen or a way not to show the qbe after adding the new record?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Do you have the States defined correctly? The error messages indicate that there is an issue with 1) the form not being found, most likely meaning the form is not set in the State or display screen related to the State. and 2) could not access row ID, which usually means the file variable was not initialized correctly.

Refer to the Document Engine guide that comes with the latest online help as a PDF, it contains an example on how to create a new "module" or at least table with functionality. Start out with the Object and State records being set correctly. I usually use the "Find" button to make sure there are no typos in my names.

Hope this helps a bit.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Perhaps this is related to the Record List feature ?

Windows client:

Window menu -> Preferences -> Appearance -> Show detail pane with record list

Web client:

web.xml -> viewrecordlist -> true/false

Note: It can also be enabled/disabled in the URL for the Web Tier

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is there a way to stop it for all users so they don't see that without having to change their client settings? That doesnt really seem to fix it, just mask it.  We can't just turn it off for everyone as it is needed in other modules as well. If there isn't Is there a way to populate that qbe list instead of hiding it?

Edit: The record is being saved as a new item. When we click "Add" there is the record displayed and a blank QBE. We would be willing to click "save" however it seems to come up with an error as follows and as attached:

update terminated - could not access row id (se.base.method,update.record)
Unrecoverable error in application:  se.call.process on panel call.rad.1
Unrecoverable error in application:  se.base.method on panel update.record
Format or file not found. Please re-enter.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Do you have the States defined correctly? The error messages indicate that there is an issue with 1) the form not being found, most likely meaning the form is not set in the State or display screen related to the State. and 2) could not access row ID, which usually means the file variable was not initialized correctly.

Refer to the Document Engine guide that comes with the latest online help as a PDF, it contains an example on how to create a new "module" or at least table with functionality. Start out with the Object and State records being set correctly. I usually use the "Find" button to make sure there are no typos in my names.

Hope this helps a bit.

View solution in original post

Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Iris, thanks for the reminder of that document and pointing me to the States. In reading through it the State Definition field descriptions it identified there are 3 base functions I could use and when using se.view.engine the qbe would display but not populate using se.list.engine.
So swapping the "Mange Queues" > "Add/open application" to se.list.engine instead of se.view.engine removed the qbe from displaying. Also had to change the Display Option action to "add" because "save" can't save a record that isn't in the database.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.