Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Question about analytics to track web-tier and SRC peformance

Dear folks,

This is more like a general question regarding the use of analytics to monitor the performance of the Service Manager web-tier and the SRC in our Intranet.  We are deploying an analytics server and I was given a demo about it and a pitch to include our applications into it.

The way this was explained to me it's just a matter of inserting a few lines of Javascript in our application, whick I'm sure is not harmful.  But my managers want to make sure that's the case and that's the reason why I'm asking you about it.  Also, regarding the SRC since it's a Flash application the analytics tracking is more difficult; but I was also told that by the use of something call "fragment tracking" we can also track the flash site.

So what is your opinion about this?  This is something that we really like to have, more so as we want to make sure that our SRC deployment strategy is effective and our customer are actually using our system.

Best regards,

Ulises

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Question about analytics to track web-tier and SRC peformance

Greetings.

Can you specify what do you mean by deployment of an Analytics server? Is this an application? Do you have any document, or the demo you mentioned, in order to have a better look on it? Also please specify the SM version.

Regards,

Jhonny Castro Montero
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Johnny,

I really can't give you more information about the Analytics server as I was only given a demo of it I attended in a webex; we didn't set it up but were told that in order to use it the only change we have to perform in Service Manager is adding the javascript code to the web-tier application.   I'll reach out to the person who presented this to me with your questions.

Thanks for answering.

Ulises

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jhonny,

The analytics tool we're setting up is Piwik and you can find more information about it here: http://piwik.org/

Let me know if you need something else.

Regards,

Ulises

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hello Ulises.

The thing is that there is no information related to this application in our databases, if it can be integrated with SM, so I cannot look for conclusions of what can be expected from it, maybe another partner here can give answer to this, but my recommendation is to open a case with the support team so they can evaluate the situation of the case and contact to the RnD team if a more accurate resolution is necessary.

Regards,

Jhonny Castro Montero
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.