Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Question about checking one field compared to another one from a different table

Hello Experts,

I have a quick question to ask or a task to ask about.

If you have a field from one table and need to compare it to a field from another table, what is the method of doing this?

For example, if I wanted to compare the time that an approver(approval table/log) approves an RFC to a time/date field in the cm3r table). How would that be done?

The task that I have been presented with is that if an approver tries to approve an RFC that is past the implementation time.

Do I check during the Authorization phase? Do I check the time/date fields and have a rule set to lock out the change?

Not sure. 

Thanks for your help with this issue.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Question about checking one field compared to another one from a different table

Let's see.

In common check\compare:

1) in FC

2) in triggers/ scriptLibrary

All that you can make online (when try to update - calculate and check) or "offline" - set date from cm3r to Approvers table (when try to update check for this saved date)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.