Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Question about recalculating approvals

Hello Experts,

I have a question to ask, I have an issue with approvals when it comes to RFCs.

This is what I have below:

When an RFC is a certain Category and Subcategory we have approvals that are required for different levels of management.  

There are 3 different levels of approvals needed that are really based on the subcategory.

My question is how can I recalculate the approval levels if the subcategory is changed in an already saved RFC?

Example:

RFC is saved and only needs the manager's approval. We then change the subcategory that requires manager and director. 

How can we recalculate the current and future approvals?

I have looked into rule sets based on if the subcategory in the saved file is not equal to the current file and vise verse. This has been on the approval tab of the workflow and also on the approval tab recalculate. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Question about recalculating approvals

So maybe I can show a little bit more information

So if I have an RFC and the Subcategory is minor and a minor RFC only takes a Manager to approve. If I took that same RFC and change it to a major which needs Director's approval. Is there a way that I can recalculate this RFC to pick up the additional approvals needed? 

Showing the SubcategoryShowing the SubcategoryThe RFC approvalThe RFC approvalFrom the approval tab in the workflowFrom the approval tab in the workflow

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Question about recalculating approvals

It's kind of a best practice that the record should be reverted back to the previous phase IF there is a need to modify the change records while lock-in approval phase.

Also looking at your workflow - seems to be ideal only? what if the approvals get denied? An auto transition from that approval phase to the previous phase might be needed, after that the one handling the record needs to settle the cause of denial before re-submitting it to approvers again, the same scenario of the need to change a field values.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.