Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Question: can i divide enterprise users to 2 pools

Dear Experts
wishing you all great day ,

in fact i do not have and issue , but it is a question related to license

i have a HP SM license of 50 Enterprise users , i need to divide it into 2 pools , the 2 pools will be assigned to 2 groups of users for example lets name them Team 1 , and Team 2 . both groups will access the same SM server

let me explain more the target we need to reach

Team 1 has 25 concurrent users
Team 2 has another 22 concurrent users
both of 2 groups accessing the system normally ,but We need to make sure that no additional employee with granted access to HPSM of Team 1 will login & use a 26th concurrent session. (or exceed the no 25 and may cause the Team 2 can not access HPSM)

is there any technical possibility to do so .

thanks in advance , apprentice you feed back as soon as possible

Thanks and Best Regards
------------------------------
Amr Salah
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Question: can i divide enterprise users to 2 pools

Use separate servlet and url for it.

URL:
http://server/sm9/ess.do?serverPort=12345

CMD:
sm -httpPort:12345 -log:../logs/debug13079_.log -debugnode:1

=============================================

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Thanks for your kind reply

can i set a maxumim number for connection per Servlet ? 

Thanks and Best Regards
------------------------------
Amr Salah
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Optional parameters in sm.ini

The following initialization parameters are optional.

threadsperprocess:<value>
preferredFQHN:<value>
groupbindaddress:<value>

threadsperprocess – Defines the maximum number of concurrent user sessions per Service Manager process. Use a value that maximizes the system resources of your Service Manager host. The recommended maximum value for the parameter threadsperprocess is 60. Usually the value of this parameter should be below 50.

preferredFQHN – Specifies the fully qualified host name you want Service Manager clients to use when communicating with the server. Service Manager loadBalancer redirects client requests to the target host with the target host's "preferredFQHN." You only need to set this parameter if your Service Manager host is identified by multiple names in the network.

groupbindaddress – Defines the TCP/IP address of the network adapter you want Service Manager processes to use to communicate with other processes in a horizontal scaling group. If your Service Manager hosts contain multiple network adapters, you must specify the IP address of the network adapter you want the horizontal scaling group to use with the "groupbindaddress" parameter.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.