Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

RAD Application Query: am.calculate.related.records

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement to change the implementation in Configuration Management.

We have a field Change count, Incident count, Problem count,  etc. in CMDB.

In process they are calling RAD App: am.calculate.related.records   from there they are calculating how many records are opened in CM, IM, PM with that particular Press name.

Example:  Change Count is getting displayed based on, how many records are opened with that particular press as affected. I need to add one more criteria in Change Managemnet to check the count(category should be documentation, status should be open).

Exactly What I have to do and where to do the changes to implement this??

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Shalini R

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: RAD Application Query: am.calculate.related.records

You'll need to create something custom.  You already saw that the system uses the RAD application 'am.calculate.related.records' and in the 'start' panel of that RAD, the cm3r query gets hardcoded:
$L.cm3r.qry="(logical.name=\""+$L.logical.name+"\" or affected.item=\""+$L.logical.name+"\" or assets=\""+$L.logical.name+"\") and open=true"

Because it's hardcoded in the RAD, you can't modify it.  

However, that RAD call is part of the 'am.calculate.related' Process record.  So you can manipulate the data a little bit before it comes back to you.

But, before you do that, I want to push on the 'why'?  

If you put in your code, that means that only open Change tickets on Documentation will come back as a count when you use that function, across all CI types.  So, if you're looking at a server, for example, and that Server has a change ticket to update its memory or CPU, that Change ticket won't be returned as one of the open changes... I don't think you really want to modify that function and pull back a smaller subset of all change tickets.

Why would you need to do this?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.