Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RAD expression rtecall and rinit

Hi ,

Can anyone help me to explain what the following code does?

$L.void=rtecall("rinit", $L.rc, $opt.tempci, "optTempCIAsset");

And also If i created a new field in the dbdict , do i need to create a new variable in the $L.rc or $opt.tempci too?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

That rtecall does initialize the variable $opt.tempci with the struture (dbdict fields) of optTempCIAsset file. So, you don't need to modify this statement even if you add a new field to the optTempCIAsset table. 

Regards,

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Format
$L.success.flg=rtecall($L.fnc.name, $L.return.code, $L.file, $L.filename)

Parameter          Data Type Description
$L.success.flg   Logical        Indicates if the function was successful
$L.fnc.name      String          Name of the sub-function to call, in this case “rinit”
$L.return.code Number      Provides a more detailed return code
$L.file                  File                File handle that will be initialized
$L.filename      String           Name of the dbdict to initialize

Example
$L.success.flg=rtecall(“rinit”,$L.return.code, $L.file, “operator”)

If the $L.success.flg is false, the function failed. If it is true, the function succeeded.

$L.rc is the return code on whether the rtecall was successful.

$opt.tempci is the variable for holind the new record of optTempCIAsset. if your new field was created correctly in dbdict, it will be accessible from the $opt.tempci variable as it pulls the info from the dbdict.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.