Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

RFC went to approval table in incorrect phase

Hello,

Where can I find the condition that pushes an item which is pending approval to the approval table? In our workflow, we only have approvals in one specific phase. But this does not seem to be the only rule.

Thanks

0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: RFC went to approval table in incorrect phase

Hello Lucy,

hope you are doing well.

could you please let me know from which approver and what specific module?

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

This is in the standard rfc module and approvers in the approval definition specified in the workflow. THe approval definitions are only specified in one specific phase but were able to approve before the change went to that phase.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

How are records added to approvallog? Is there a script or query i can view

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Lucy,

What is the SM version you have?

I'll check entries for approvallog and let you know.

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

Thank you for using the Micro Focus Community. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an "accept as solution".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Hi, its 941

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Lucy,

ApprovalLog entries are created by RAD approval.approve > PANEL log

That panels calls RAD approval.log.action and creates the records.

Hope this helps!

SM Support Engineer

Thank you for using the Micro Focus Community. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an "accept as solution".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Hi,

Thank you,

But I'm not sure what I am looking for in this. I found this line regarding the current phase but don't see anything else which would help.

if exists("current.phase", $L.file) then (current.phase in $L.log=current.phase in $L.file)

The problem was that approvallog table contained a record which was in a phase in which No approvals were set for in the PD.

Please let me know if there is anywhere else to check.

THanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi lucy-n,

If you can reproduce this problem, I'll be glad to review a trace. If not, you can try to add a trigger in the approvallog table for POST ADD action and include some javascript code to check if the current phase should insert an entry to the table, if not, then you can try to write a error to the log or insert a record into msglog.

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Thanks, I'll need to look into how to reproduce it. So far not encountering it by creating or copying records.

I have another quick question...How does current.pending.groups get populated?is it a rad application as well?

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Lucy-n,

Correct. The same approval RADs modify contents for current.pending.groups but also approval process records will modify the content when called.

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

I am just asking because I noticed this field was populated.Could this be the cause? Does the approval inbox retrieve the values from the approvallog table or does current.pending.groups affect any of this?

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.