Highlighted
Beth Tuttle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Read Only w/ucapex - list displays but details do not change

HPSM 7.10 app/7.11 RTE

Using both recommadations (Data policy & FC/DVD variable) from http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1053245 I was able to make a new table read-only. Both were equally successful.

I found one issue though...

When the "read-only" user searches, they are presented with a list of entries and the details of the first entry. However, if the user attempts to change focus to the second entry in the list of entries, the screen flashes and details appear with (still) the details of the first entry.

Can this be corrected so that the user can foucs on any of the entries in the list?

(BTW - those with update access have no problem moving focus)

Thanks,
Beth

0 Likes
3 Replies
mikeD_2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Read Only w/ucapex - list displays but details do not change

You may want to turn off record list and try the same steps.  go to Window->Preferences->ServiceManager->Appearance-> and uncheck the box "Show detail pane with record list".

0 Likes
Beth Tuttle Absent Member.
Absent Member.

But all of my read-only users are web client users (not windows client users).

0 Likes
mikeD_2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You may want to turn off the record list feature on the web client by changing the parameter in the WEB.XML file in your web server.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.