Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Recalculate a change approval from the cacadeupd file

I would like to initiate a change approval recalculation from within a cascadeupd record.

I am adding a manager approval field from the assignment file to the cm3r file and using that new field in cm3r to add a level of approval by the assignment group manager.

If the assignment group manager changes, I run a cascade update from the assignment table to the cm3r table and do the update. 

The issue I have is with in-flight changes with outstanding approvals.  I can update the manager approver in cm3r but the old manager persists in the current.pending.groups field in cm3r.

My question:  How can I force a change approval recalculation from the cascadeupd file?  I see an expressions tab and a Javascript tab.   Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Paul M.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.