Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Refresh Record using Javascript or calling RAD from process designer

Jump to solution

on the new SM 9.41 (running in hybrid mode) we have started using the new request fulfillment module. We have validation running on the Additional Properties (making them required to close the task).

When a fulfiller attempts to close the task without the required Additonal Properties being populated, it prompts them with the necessary information, but it then presents the file as read-only (meaning they cannot update the record).

It was discovered that leaving the record and coming back in would make it editable, so as a work around I added a 'refresh' button to the form. This calls the refresh action and makes the field editable. Ideally I would like this to be automatic so that it doesn't give them a sort of false read only setup.

My assumption is that this is because the check happens on the transition in process designer to the closed phase, and that it backs the phase back up (since it failed validation) and so it's presenting a 'stale' copy of the record.

Ideally I would like to do it within Process Designer rather than trying to add a new format control. I had thought to call the rtecall("refresh") function via javascript, but I am having some trouble getting the syntax to work for some reason.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Refresh Record using Javascript or calling RAD from process designer

Jump to solution

Hi,
Can you please share if your issue is resolved ? If yes then you can post the answer your for others to help too. If not then you can log a case with HP Software support to look into it further.

Regards,
HPE Software Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Erick,

hope you are doing well.

Just one question, did you try going to form designer and check the properties of the field and form? If everything is fine I would suggest a format control instead PD.

As I am aware that you dont want a FC, please let me check how to accomplish this by PD.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

The form is ok; it seems to be all in presentation. Since this is happening on the transition from open to closed (the arrow connector in process designer) the ruleset is backing it up to the open state.

Meaning it is validating when the user attempts to close the task, (starting the transition) but it reverts because the validation fails. (our closed state is read only)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,
Can you please share if your issue is resolved ? If yes then you can post the answer your for others to help too. If not then you can log a case with HP Software support to look into it further.

Regards,
HPE Software Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.