Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Regarding Removing button in Press form

Hi Experts,

I am using SM-9.40.

My requirement is to remove an already existing button in the form WPPressConfigurationItem.

Button caption is "Click here to see Related Changes, Incidents and Problems" and ID is 415.

When we click on the button, fields like $L.incident.count, $L.problem.count, $L.knownerror.count, $ChangeReasonCount.SA.SB and $L.change.count are displayed and the corresponding values also get filled.

Could you please help me to resolve this issue.

Any Suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Regarding Removing button in Press form

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to call a process from format control.

In the above requirement incident.count and problem.count fields are getting filled because of the process am.calculate.related which is invoked , when the button is clicked.

I am planning to implement this process in format control. So that I can directly remove the button from the form.

Could you please help me to implement this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Disabling a button is easiest (if not controled via a profile) to do in the DisplayOption record. Just update the "user condition" field to say either a plain:

false

or a more delicate:

device.type in $L.filed="SomeDevice"

As to doing this in FC: yes it can be done, but should ideally be pushed into the Process chain (DocEng). It does come at a price (performance), which I believe is the main reason to put this behind a button and not to it on load/display.

If you want to always do it, consider calling this process as the Initialization Process mentioned in the "State" record.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

For the above requirement what I am now trying to implement is.

Below mentioned are the fields displaying while clicking on the button.

$L.incident.count, $L.problem.count, $L.knownerror.count, $ChangeReasonCount.SA.SB.

$ChangeReasonCount.SA.SB is implimented through script library (ConfigurationManagement_ChangeCount) in the process (am.calculate.related) .

I am able to call that script from format control (wppressconfigurationitem). So now I am planning to create scripts for the remaining three fields.

For the field $L.incident.count below mentioned is the script:

function changeCount_incidentcount(press){

var probsummaryFile= new SCFile("probsummary");

var query ="incident.status=\"Open\" and logical.name=\""+press+"\"";

var rc = probsummaryFile.doCount(query);

//print(query );

//print(rc);

return rc;

}

Format control : $L.incident.count=jscall("ConfigurationManagement_ChangeCount.changeCount_incidentcount", logical.name in $file) is the calculation and add, update, delete fields are set to true.

But still the value is not showing in the field except for $ChangeReasonCount.SA.SB.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.