Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Related Records Issue when upgrading from 9.40 to 9.52

Hello,

I am working on upgrading our system from 9.40 p1 to 9.52 p1 and came across an issue with the related records tab.  The issue is with how the data was retrieved in 9.40 and how the data is stored and then intended to be retrieved in 9.52.

In our current 9.40 system, when viewing an incident with a related record, the table (subform screlate.record.vj.new) is populated with values from the related record that is stored in variables $relatedId, $relatedType, $relatedTitle, $relatedStatus, $relatedPhase.  In our 9.52 system the variable fields are replaced with [depend] , [type] , [desc,1] , [desc,2] and [desc,3].

The problem then lies in the data of the "desc" field from the screlationm1 table from our 9.40 system.

In our 9.40 system we had the description field for screlconfig for problem(aka probsummary) setup to store [open.time], [problem.status], [category] and [action,1].  In 9.52 the description field for screlconfig is configured for [current.phase], [problem.status], [brief.description], [action,1], [open.time], and [category].

So this means that if we go with how the 9.52 form is trying to pull the related data, then records created pre-upgrade will show incorrect and confusing data.  The other other option presents the issue that if I try to enable the variable fields from before, those variables are not being set in 9.52.  And since the "desc" field in screlationm1 is a character array, I can't really remap the data and change to the 9.52 format, so that option doesn't work either.

My question is has anyone run across this and how did you handle it?  I can't find how the variable fields were setup and populated in 9.40, so I can't create a hybrid solution.

Thanks for any feedback-

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Andy,

hope you are doing fine.

Regarding your concern, I just want to let you know that we have reached more resources on this.

My collaboration team is aware of this and as soon as possible we will provide you an answer.

thank you and regards.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Andy,

The exact issue has not happened to me, but the screlconfig is not mandatory to be as it is OOB.. You can modify it as you wish, so if you take the screlconfig and make it look as your SM 9.40, do you get the desired result?

By the way, if you created records with the old screlconfig "format" they will look wrong, while new records will look as you need.

The problem will definetely be with either with old records or new depending on the option you decide to use. I personally would make my screlconfig to match my old records, as they are more than the new ones that you will have when starting in prod with 9.52 and if you want to see the new two fields in the new screlconfig record, i would put them at the end:

[open.time], [problem.status], [category],[action,1],[current.phase],[brief.description]

I hope you find this helpful. let us know if you have more questions.

Best regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hello Kmilo,

If I modify the screlconfig to look like my 9.40 version, I do not get the desired results.  The form variables used for display on the 9.40 subform are not populated in 9.52.  I am not sure how they get populated and how I could enable that population in 9.52.  If you have that information, that would be great.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Was your 9.40 system Classic or Codeless? You may want to look at the DataMigrationForRelatedRecords ScriptLibrary record in SM9.52 and see if this will help your situation.

More information about this script can be found in the SM9.50 Upgrade Guide.

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please remember to click "Accept as Solution". If you are satisfied with anyone’s response, please remember to give them KUDOS by clicking on the "thumbs up" at the bottom left of the post to show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi ,

hope you are doing fine.

I would like to know if you still require assistance or if your question was resolved. If so, could you please mark it as a correct answer so that other members can benefit from this answer and close this question. If it didn’t resolve then please let me know so that we can address your question again.

Carlos Villalobos R
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Andy,
hope you are doing fine.
I would like to know if you still require assistance or if your question was resolved. If so, could you please mark it as a correct answer so that other members can benefit from this answer and close this question. If it didn’t resolve then please let me know so that we can address your question again.

best regards.

Carlos Villalobos R
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.