Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Remove Request button from SRC

Hello.

Is it possible to remove from catalog REQUEST button (and left only ability for users press on text or picture of item) or change action for this button - same as press on text or picture item ?

SRC_svc_003.jpg

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Remove Request button from SRC

Hello ALARMus,
Hope you are doing well.

In order to start the regarding investigation, I need to know your current SRC version.

Thanks in advance!

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the Thumb and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

SRC 1.40

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks for your answer.

Upon investigation, I learned that the option to remove or disable the Request is not possible.

The reason for is that this option is related with the Requests and it will impact your SRC system.
For this reason we do not recommended this option to be removed from the search page.

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the Thumb and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thnx for answer.

A talking not about search page, this is about catalog item view.

The problem is that some users press REQUEST button and miss description for item.

May be there is a possibility hide this button or change action for it like if user press on picture.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I guess you mean these two options in a SRC config file "applicationContext.properties" in <SRC install folder>\WEB-INF\classes:

Set the values from true to false and direct request (skipping description) is blocked.

##
# Service "Request" button visibility configuration:
# The default value is true which enables the "Request" buttons in Service's Search and Browse list views.
# Set to false to hide the "Request" buttons in Service's Search and Browse list views.
##
src.ui.service.enableDirectRequest=false

##
# Support "Request" button visibility configuration:
# The default value is true which enables the "Request" buttons in Support's Search and Browse list views.
# Set to false to hide the "Request" buttons in Support's Search and Browse list views.
##
src.ui.support.enableDirectRequest=false
---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

It looks like what i need, but i dont have this value in applicationContext.properties.

May be this is for later version of SRC (my version 1.40) ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Those parameters were introduced with SM 9.32 (according to a Release Notes doc I found) and I guess your version is SM 9.31, then?

I'm not sure if the parameters were backported to SM 9.31/SRC 1.40 by later patch versions. I haven't played with SM 9.3x series for a while and I've removed the old docs from my personal archive.

You could append those parameters to a config file in your test environment and see if behaviour changes to any direction?

---
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I immediately tried to add these settings and restart the service (tomcat), but nothing changed in catalog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Ok, you're out of luck then. Sadly, I know no other way to have that functionality but to upgrade SM to newer version!

---
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You may try clearing the browser cache and also Tomcat's cache as well. Then retry.

Best regards!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I did this every time I changed the directory (and the changes happen often)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.