Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Removing Contacts and Operators

Jump to solution
I need to ask how others are handling this issue. We have a large number of turn overs for customers and operators. I can delete the Operator and Contact information but then the history of the interaction and incident is lost as well. How hare others handling this process? Currently our HP Service Manager 7.11 contacts and operator records are updated through Connect-It! but Service Manger only modifies or adds information. It doesn’t delete.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
The most frequent approach I see is to add an active flag to contact records and update the link queries for new tickets to only select active contacts. This allows you to keep contact records long-term.
----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..
The most frequent approach I see is to add an active flag to contact records and update the link queries for new tickets to only select active contacts. This allows you to keep contact records long-term.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
If the operators are with sync with other third party tool then we never use to delete contacts/operator records.

We just perform below activities:
1. Make the operator as ESS user.
2. Changed his password.
3. Remove him from any workgroups assigned.
4. In contact record, make that user as inactive.
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thank you for the information
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I can't seem to find where I make the conatact inactive? Any suggestions?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
There is already an active logical field in the contact table. You just need to add it to the contacts.g format as a checkbox.
You can also set the default value of active to true in either data policy or with format control.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thank you again.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.