Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Removing Mandatory field

Jump to solution

Dears,

Currently I have SM 9.40 installed. I'm trying to remove mandatory fields such as affected service,impact and urgency from sd.interaction.logging and sd.interaction.categorization . I have removed the validation from format control for SD.open.interaction and sd.update.interction but I'm still getting an popup message (impact and urgency is required) when trying to open new interaction.

Kindly advise

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Removing Mandatory field

Jump to solution

Have you looked in process designer? We have 9.40 and under the Service Desk workflow under Edit Workflow Properties > Workflow Based Rulesets > On Add there is a ruleset called sd.general.validation.  Maybe there is someting there.

Also, if you are going the format control way, have you looked at the incidents format control?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Have you looked in process designer? We have 9.40 and under the Service Desk workflow under Edit Workflow Properties > Workflow Based Rulesets > On Add there is a ruleset called sd.general.validation.  Maybe there is someting there.

Also, if you are going the format control way, have you looked at the incidents format control?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Actually your suggestion works perfectly fine. I have edited the rule set sd.general.validation on Add and On update.

Thank you again for your help

Regards

Hani

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.