Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Rendering Images on Form and SubForm

Hi,

I would like a render an image on a form or subform so as a test I created an image component on the subform and filled up the properties of the image name as iconMissing.gif which is a default file under the directory /webapps/smdev/images. But when I run the form using database manager all I see is the image name is being displayed instead of the image being rendered.

Kindly let me know what I am doing wrong or point me to a post where it describes managing images in HP SM.

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Rendering Images on Form and SubForm

Hi,

Please check the following information:

---------------

Windows client:

• <Service Manager>\Client\plugins\com.hp.ov.sm.client.common_x.xx.xxx\src\resources\icons

• A local directory on the client machine, which is specified in the Image path field (Window > Preferences). For example: C:\smCustomImages.

Web client:

• <Service Manager web tier>\images. For example: <Tomcat>\webapps\webtier-x.xx\images.

Note: You do not need to include the image file suffix for this property; the image file name must be unique.

---------------

Let's give it a chance and let me know the result.

Regards,

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Rendering Images on Form and SubForm

Thanks, using an already exisitng image from that directory works, But If  I would like to load images from the SYSATTACHMENTS table, can you kindly guide.

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.