Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. PiaHofmann Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Request Task Planner - Additional properties

We are using HPSM 9.41 and I succeedded with activating the "Additonal Properties" on a Request Model with 2 Request Tasks.

I also succeeded with creating an Input and Output field - I want either the Closing Comments or the Output from Task1 to be used in Task2 as Input - but I cannot figure how to do that - do you have any suggestions?

I am struggling with finding any 'official' documents, which describes how to do it - I have found "Application Setup help topics for printing" p. 91...

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Pia

P.S. I hope my question also reflects what level of experience I am on -.-

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Request Task Planner - Additional properties

Hello Pia,
Thanks for your question.

Based on your initial description, my first instinct is to suggest you to open a ticket to have either PSO or Support team to assist you with this.

However, in order to orientate you a little bit on this, first it is required to know if you have Codeless or Classic SM. This will determine whether to edit rulesets or format controls to succeed on this. Also I consider necessary to edit the involved forms and finally, to map the new fields using Link options. I know this might sound overwhelming but once you have PSO or Support assisting you, you will see that this is a flow and it becomes really familiar to work with.

Hope this explanation helps!

BR!

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the Thumb and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

Good morning,

Thank you for you suggestions.

We have Codeless SM - I am a little bit confused, if I should make some changes in any ruleset og format controls, as the  "Application Setup help topics for printing" does not mention any thing of this - then why have the help topics if it is not adequate?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks for your answer Pia.

Seems the steps from the guide you mentioned are outdated. Please refer to the online Help Server for 9.41:
Use task planner to plan change

BR!

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the Thumb and show your appreciation.
Frequent Contributor..

Thank you for your suggestion - I will try to look into the updated version.

When the problem is solved, I'll get back to you.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

Somehow the system managed to mature without any interference - maybe it was an PEBKAC or just one of those fine litle miracles, HPSM sometimes presents for me.

Anyhow - thank you for your time and effort.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.