Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

RestFul API - Querying Interactions (Service Desk)

Hi All,

I previously had some questions about formatting using Restful API with HPSM. I am trying to do something similar with my Service Desk that I am using with my Incident Management Currently.

In Incident Management the following GET works perfectly:

http://localhost:13080/SM/9/rest/incidents?status=open&assignment=Service Desk

In the case of Service Desk using the following GET doesn't work:

http://192.168.30.76:13080/SM/9/rest/interactions?status=open&assignment=Service Desk

It returns the following:

{
  "Messages": [
    "Query could not be parsed: status=\"open\"",
    "Query field (status) in (incidents) not defined in dbdict",
    "Query field (status) in (incidents) not defined in dbdict"
  ],
  "ReturnCode": 71
}

The previous tells me that I am just not using the right formatting in my GET query, would anyone know the proper formatting/query for what I want?

Cheers! 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: RestFul API - Querying Interactions (Service Desk)

Instead of status=open, try open=Open - Linked

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi @TomPowe,

I just was doing some searching through the DB (IncidentsSm1) and Open seems to be the equivalent Status, thanks for that!

Although; open=Open returns:

{
   "@count": 0,
   "@start": 1,
   "@totalcount": 0,
   "Messages": ["No (more) records found"],
   "ResourceName": "Interaction",
   "ReturnCode": 0
}

When there is 4 "Open" Interactions (3 In Progress, and 1 Resolved).

Open=In Progress returns 404 Error, Open=Resolved returns the proper amount (1).

Any further suggestions?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

"Open" is probably not a valid value for that field.  In our Interactions, our statuses are typically either "Open - Idle", "Open - Linked"

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.