Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Restricting access to templates by assignment groups

Jump to solution

Dear folks,

I'm trying to come up with a way to limit access to change tempaltes based on the change groups a user belongs to.  I thougth that if I added a new field to the Template file (of array type) I could indicate there which assignment groups will be able to use these templates.

The reason I used an array is because templates may be used by more than one group; problem is, users may belong to different groups as well.  So I need to come up with a way to use the value of $lo.cm.assignments to query the Template table with something like "is any of the groups I belong to able to use template X, which is available to groups A,B and C"?

Appreciate your response.

Kind regards,

Ulises

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Restricting access to templates by assignment groups

Jump to solution

I believe you should check a wizard named "Template.select_1" and its "Usage" tab. There's a query, that filters the templates.

In my case, we don't use roles so I use that field to hold the assignment groups enabled to use the template. (Edited template form accordingly.)

tablename=$L.filename and (null(role) or role isin $lo.pm.assignments) and evaluate(parse($L.query,2))

Modify the OOB query to include also your custom field holding Change management group info, by using isin operator like previous poster mentioned.

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution

One way would be to add a mandanten record (scaccess table) with a query for the security group the operator uses. The query would be like "new.field.name isin $lo.cm.assignments"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I believe you should check a wizard named "Template.select_1" and its "Usage" tab. There's a query, that filters the templates.

In my case, we don't use roles so I use that field to hold the assignment groups enabled to use the template. (Edited template form accordingly.)

tablename=$L.filename and (null(role) or role isin $lo.pm.assignments) and evaluate(parse($L.query,2))

Modify the OOB query to include also your custom field holding Change management group info, by using isin operator like previous poster mentioned.

---

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Kelalek2,

This seems like a promising approach; I'll try it later today and let you know how it works.

Regards,

Ulises

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

If I'd do the same modification now, I'd

• create a new "assignment" field (type: array) to table "Template"
  • modify form Template, add a new "assignment" label and a similar comfill element than the roles have and refer it to a new field (input: assignment)
  • edit the wizard's query I mentioned before so, that it checks assignment field, not a role field (or you can of course check both)

IMO, this minimizes the risk if you'd some day start using roles.

---
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.