Honored Contributor.. Blue_1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Retrieve Attachment Content

Hi

I have a requirement to grab the contents of an attachment before a Change record moves to Approval phase. Is there a way to parse through the attachment (say excel or word doc ) and go through the content ?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Retrieve Attachment Content

No

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Honored Contributor..

Is there a way i can have 2 different attachment tab and flag the attached document in the SYSATTACHMENT table based on the tab from which it was attached ?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Also No.

Only one attachment object can be configured on a record. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Andy_ABB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Actually it is possible to display it however you will still have to have standard attachment section to upload the attachemnts. You can display them as HTML links so you can have them splitted. Im doing similar thing in my HP SM instance however im not splitting it in to different sections. Im displaying attachments along with Related ID(PM/IM/CR/SD).

Best Regards

Honored Contributor..

Hi

As part of our process users have to upload a backout template. My requirement is to set a flag in SYSATTACHMENT table so that i can differentiate this backout attachment from other attachments and display this in a Html viewer on the Chnage form.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.