Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

RuleSet: When editing a rule ,set fields are not matching

Good morning experts,

I have an issue with a RuleSet. My version is 9.40 codeless.

In my QA environment the RuleSet is working properly in the task of filling out the field according to another field when selected. In my Production environment I have the same RuleSet but I noticed a difference in a couple of the Field names.

When I try to match the field with in Prod with the field names that are in QA, the field names are not there to select.

I checked the tables in both environments and they match. My question is how can I correct the Prod environment to reflect the required field names that are in QA.

0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: RuleSet: When editing a rule ,set fields are not matching

Hi Atyler

hope you are doing fine.

could you please share your rulsets in order to review them?

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Can you complare the datadict (Tailoring / Data Policy) records for both environments for the relevant table? A field showing up in a drop down is typically controlled via field settings there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Good morning Carlos,

Thank you for looking into this issue. I have attached both unload files from QA (which is working) and the other one from Production (not working as needed).

You will notice that the one from QA shows the Manager full name as one of the field name that you can select, which is correct.

When you look at the one from Production you see that the field is not there to select when you use the pull down menu.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Good morning Josh,

I did a comparsion of both environments and they both are the same. I checked each line and every tab. Both are the same.

Thank for looking into this issue with me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Some of my files were removed. So I will try to find a way to get the files to you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Could you post two screenshots, one of QA and one of Prod, showing the "Responsible Manager Full Name" line on the "Field Settings" tab only, and include all 8 columns?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Good morning Josh,

I have attached the file.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Thanks for that! Can you validate (by copying out the value) that the field name in the Production Instance for the fullname field shows "Manager Responsible FullName" and not just "Manager Responsible"? Because that is what it looks like, and would explain the differences. Alternatively, what field is mapped to "Manager Responsible" in Production, if not this field?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Good morning Josh_MM

Here is the unload file from QA and Prod. I had to rename the file but if you take away the jpg and rename with the unl

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Judging by the rule sets, they both reference the same underlying field name: "az.respmgr.fullname"

Can you copy out the "Caption" (first column) of the datadict entry for this field in Production?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Manager Responsible

This is what it shows when copied. I hope that this is what you need. If not let me know.

I still just don't see why in QA the field is there to select but in Prod it is not. Everything seems to match.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.