Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Running SM web client within a tab of another application...

Jump to solution

I've been asked to investigate if it is possible to run SM within a tab of another application - yes I know... 😞

So a quick try suggested that it fails because of a setting in the web response header

<httpProtocol>

<customHeaders>

<add name="X-Frame-Options" value="DENY" />

</customHeaders>

</httpProtocol>

Does anyone know if it is possible to change this? If so what are the implications (other than untold chaos and it being a usability disaster waiting to happen...)

Thanks in advance

David

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Running SM web client within a tab of another application...

Jump to solution

So...I haven't tried this, but that X-Frame-Options header is set in the /webtier/WEB-INF/classes/application-context.xml file. You could try changing the value there - or commenting out the whole bean - and see what happens.

I'm pretty sure that HP obviously won't support an instance of the SM webapp embedded in another app/webpage, even if making this change allows it to work. And I'll say nothing about how bad your customer's idea of an embedded SM is. 😛 It's a pretty interface (at least 9.34+) and you can brand the heck out of it! They should use it and like it. 😉

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

So...I haven't tried this, but that X-Frame-Options header is set in the /webtier/WEB-INF/classes/application-context.xml file. You could try changing the value there - or commenting out the whole bean - and see what happens.

I'm pretty sure that HP obviously won't support an instance of the SM webapp embedded in another app/webpage, even if making this change allows it to work. And I'll say nothing about how bad your customer's idea of an embedded SM is. 😛 It's a pretty interface (at least 9.34+) and you can brand the heck out of it! They should use it and like it. 😉

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. I already told them it was a very bad idea, I was just after some confirmation 🙂

As far as the interface goes, they have essentially built a portal incorporating data from other sources as well as SM, so a lot of my current customization is around using the SM data and engine via the API's... different and interesting, if sometimes difficult and frustrating...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.