Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Respected Contributor.. JoaoMorgado Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

SC Auto inbound mail

Jump to solution

Hi all,

We're using SC Auto to get mails from an Exchange mailbox and then open new Interactions in HP SM. All is working fine so far with ticket opening.

We would like to get the mail adress of the sender to map the sender with a contact in the contacts table but we only get the Exchange Display Name.

We get "Falcon, Jennifer" in the From field and we would like to get "jennifer.falcon@hp.com"

How can we choose which fields to build the event from? I've seen only 5 vars that can be used in Events, from SCAuto documentation - $TO, $FROM, $SUBJECT, $BODY, and $DATE.  And this are the ones coming to the eventin record already.

Has anyone done this before?

Thank you,

J

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Respected Contributor..

Re: SC Auto inbound mail

Jump to solution

Hi,

Just found the solution.

Need to add scmapi_convert_addr_type:smtp in the ini file.

J

0 Likes
5 Replies
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Just found the solution.

Need to add scmapi_convert_addr_type:smtp in the ini file.

J

0 Likes
TurgemanTal Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to do exactly that!

Can you please elabrate?

I'm using the SC_Auto as well.

Did you add the command to the pmo.map file, or to the scmapi.ini file?

Is there a chance you can upload those files, so I'll be able to reverse engineer the process?

Thanks,

Tal

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi, you should add that line to the scmapi.ini file

When you restart the SCAuto service it will start to map the from field to the email address and not the Display Name of the sender.

J

0 Likes
TurgemanTal Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks,

Maybe you could answer this small question also,

I'm trying to cause the $SUBJECT field to be inserted to the Title field of the incident.

I could not find anything useful in the documents or by try and error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tal

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Tal,

We manage to do this by setting the corresponding eventmap to have the title field in the same position as the subject in the incoming event.

That is, we have the event formed by a string with fields separated by ^ char and the subject is coming in the 4th position. Therefore we have a eventmap for this event in the 4th position to grab the subject and place it in the title field.

Hope this helps,

J

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.