Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SD Licensing

Jump to solution
All,

If we are planning to install a Test/Development system for Service Desk 4.5 SP18 do we need to purchase extra licenses for these environments or can we apply the production licenses to test?

Jay
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SD Licensing

Jump to solution
Hi Jay,

some quetions are best not asked if you know what I mean 😉

I'm sure I know what the official HP stance is but maybe ask your local rep to confirm their position on the subject.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Jay,

some quetions are best not asked if you know what I mean 😉

I'm sure I know what the official HP stance is but maybe ask your local rep to confirm their position on the subject.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Jay,

I think the "official" position is that if you want a permanent dev/test system in place then you should get licenses.

If you just want to run a temporary one for a short period (or while the live system is not running) I think it is OK.

As the previous response said, some questions are best not asked!!

Regards, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Thanks Ruth & Mark for your responses, I thought it might be a case of "some questions are best not asked", but its always best to check. I will contact my HP representative and see what their take on the matter is.

Jay
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
You know what, after I posted the reply I said exactly the same thing to myself.

"some questions are best not asked", but its always best to check"

Have a nice day all.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
hi!

Some time back i checked the same with a friend in HP. What i was told is, you can use the DB, which comes along with the package. Nothing more, and you can't use ANY OTHER DB.

But, the best thing is send a mail to HP and have the things in black & white.

-Ashly A K
http://geocities.com/helponhpopenview/
http://www.geocities.com/helponhpopenview
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.