Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

SD status still closed while IM repopned

Hi Expets , can you please help me on the senario if  any closed IM reopened and the status of IM will change into work in progress from closed while the SD status will remain to Closed only . In that case user is not able to figure out whether his SD reopening request is in entertained or not ,So Whenever the status of IM changed in work in progress the SD status should be changed simultaneously as user can see SD status only . 

Please share your valuvle inputs or way to fix the issue.

Regards,
Mukesh
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: SD status still closed while IM repopned

There are several ways in which you could accomplish this. The simplest would be a little JS which you can put in the Final Javascript tab of the Process which gets called when the Reopen button is clicked (im.reopen, possibly):

var sd = new SCFile("incidents");
var sdRc = sd.doSelect("incident.id=\"" + system.vars.$L_file.incident_id + "\"");

if (sdRc == RC_SUCCESS) {
    sd.open = "Work In Progress"; //Or, whatever status you wish the SD to have.
    var sdSaveRc = sd.doUpdate();
    }

If you put it in the Process, it will always run whenever the im.reopen process is called.

You could put it in the Reopen displayoption, too, but I wouldn't do that because I'd rather have the RAD be run in the Process before updating the SD.

You could put this in a formatctrl or in a trigger, also. If you put it in either of those, though, you would need to enclose it in an if statement which checks to see that it was reopened, though.

Caveat: I don't know what version of SM you're using. If your IM module is on PD, you probably want to create a Rule Set to perform this action.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SD status still closed while IM repopned

If you are going to reopen a SD from Closed, you might also need to change the "open" field from false to true, and you may want to consider whether to blank out the close date field, which is probably populated from the first time it was closed.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.