Absent Member.. Rounaq Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SM 7.01 integration with CTI and IVR.

Jump to solution
Hi Guys,

I want to integrate our HPSM 7.01(IIA) environment with CTI and IVR. But i dont have any single idea about that. Could you please help me to achieve my task.

1. Send me some documents for HPSm integration with CTI\IVR.

2. what software we required for this.?

Its really urgent.

Points will be given on each reply.

Cheers,
Raunak
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Acclaimed Contributor.. Vadim Gorda Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: SM 7.01 integration with CTI and IVR.

Jump to solution
Hello Rounaq,
Sorry for the late response. Too much work at the moment.
I can say that it works through DDE. Information can be found in SM help. For testing how it works you can try to call it using vba (there is example in help) from MS word or excell.
The problem which i faced at the forst moment of testing was that dde server name wassnot getting more then 8 symbols (DDe server name is recorded in the HP service manager client tools menu). Change it to something short, like SM and try to run test call from excell or word
8 Replies
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hello Guys,

Please help.........Its really urgent
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution
Hello Rounaq,
Sorry for the late response. Too much work at the moment.
I can say that it works through DDE. Information can be found in SM help. For testing how it works you can try to call it using vba (there is example in help) from MS word or excell.
The problem which i faced at the forst moment of testing was that dde server name wassnot getting more then 8 symbols (DDe server name is recorded in the HP service manager client tools menu). Change it to something short, like SM and try to run test call from excell or word
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Ok Vadim. Let me check this and will revert you soon.

Thanks
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution
Ok Rounaq.
Will try to check new inputs from time to time
0 Likes
NoSpoon Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi Raunak,

I haven't done CTI integration with SM yet but might have to do it in the near future. so I was collecting information on it & came across the following threads on SM forum which might be useful. You might have already looked at them but just pasting the links here. Hope this helps.

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1257309240252+28353475&threadId=1341572

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1257309276304+28353475&threadId=1199815

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1174890

Also, take a look at the attached document. Might be useful.

I will let you know if I do test CTI integration with SM.

Regards,
P.D.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Thanks P.D for your kind help. But could you please tell me what will be the 1st step of CTI and SM integration. did you use DDE?

Please tell me some steps of integration.
0 Likes
NoSpoon Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi Raunak,

As I said in my previous post, I have not done CTI integration with SM. At present my requirement does not state CTI integration so I won't be able to test it either. But there is a thread in my previous post by Lars & he has given the steps in a pdf document to configure CTI with a different product but it should help you out.

Good Luck,
P.D.
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. Nagarjun1992 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

i was working on SM-CTI integration. I have checked all the forum thread. it was little confusing.

As of i have DDE script. 

Sub HPSM_Test()
nChannel = DDEInitiate("HP_Service_Manager", "Actions")
'DDEExecute nChannel, "[SystemEvent(""ReceiveInteraction"", ""Caller Name"",""" & "00991865" & """, ""Contact"", """ & "00991865" & """)]"
DDEExecute nChannel, "[SystemEvent(""ReceiveInteraction"", ""Caller Name"",""" & "JONES, ANDREW" & """, ""Contact"", """ & "JONES, ANDREW" & """)]"
DDETerminate nChannel

End Sub

When i run the macro in excel. it is giving me error. i have attached the error

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Nagarjun S

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.