New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SM 9.3 upgrade SQL compare utility result contains unknown field type

Dear Expertise,

I'm upgrading from SM 7.11 to SM 9.3. I ran SQL Compare Utility and added the new fields to dbdict tables. There is only field I can't added regarding its type. file name: rcenv, field name: tableAccessKETask, type: record.

I can't see the type record in the field types in dbdict when add new field.

How can I add this field?

Thanks for your help

12 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I just ran the upgrade and it did it all for me. In fact, I found the SQL compare utility to not be of help.

Ensure that your database user has read/write access to the SYS.V_$ tables, otherwise the upgrade will fail.

In my upgrade process, the system created this table, and others for me.

Here is the code to get your table into the database:

ALTER TABLE RCENVM1 ADD

("DESCRIPTOR" BLOB  NULL,

"NAME" VARCHAR2(50)  NULL);

commit;

Good Luck,

Greg

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks Greg for your reply. I'll run the upgrade and see the result.

Highlighted
Absent Member..

I ran the upgrade and get the following errors:

'The record being added contains a NULL key (message,add.schedule)
file:(schedule) key:(schedule.id=) (message,add.schedule)
Key #7 is empty. (message,add.schedule)
The record being added contains a NULL key (message,add.schedule)
The record being added contains a NULL key (message,add.schedule)
An error occurred while attempting to update a record (apm.upgrade.dbdict,save.dbdict)
file:(dbdict) key:(name=bizservice) (apm.upgrade.dbdict,save.dbdict)
ALTER TABLE BIZSERVICEM1 ADD "OS_NAME" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "OS_MANUFACTURER" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "OS_VERSION" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "BIOS_ID" VARCHAR(60)
  NULL, ADD "BIOS_MANUFACTURER" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "BIOS_MODEL" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "TOTAL_DISC" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "FREE_DISC" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, AD
D "PHYSICAL_MEM_TOTAL" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "VIRTUAL_MEM_TOTAL" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "MEM_PAGES_TOTAL" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "MEM_PAGES_SIZE" VARCHAR(60) 
NULL, ADD "DRIVERS" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "MACHINE_NAME" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "ADDLMACADDRESS" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "ADDLIPADDR" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "PO
RT_NUMBER" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "NOTIFICATION_GROUP" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "REMOTE_PHONE" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "REMOTE_IP" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "DISASTER
_RECOVERY" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "LOGIN_SERVER_NAME" VARCHAR(60)  NULL (apm.upgrade.dbdict,save.dbdict)
Cancelling dbdict update, failed to execute the following SQL: (apm.upgrade.dbdict,save.dbdict)
API=SQLExecute [in sqmssqlExecOne], Statement=ALTER TABLE BIZSERVICEM1 ADD "OS_NAME" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "OS_MANUFACTURER" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "OS_VERSION
" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "BIOS_ID" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "BIOS_MANUFACTURER" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "BIOS_MODEL" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "TOTAL_DISC" VARCHAR(60
)  NULL, ADD "FREE_DISC" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "PHYSICAL_MEM_TOTAL" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "VIRTUAL_MEM_TOTAL" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "MEM_PAGES_TOTAL" VARCHAR
(60)  NULL, ADD "MEM_PAGES_SIZE" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "DRIVERS" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "MACHINE_NAME" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "ADDLMACADDRESS" VARCHAR(60)  NUL
L, ADD "ADDLIPADDR" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "PORT_NUMBER" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "NOTIFICATION_GROUP" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "REMOTE_PHONE" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, AD
D "REMOTE_IP" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "DISASTER_RECOVERY" VARCHAR(60)  NULL, ADD "LOGIN_SERVER_NAME" VARCHAR(60)  NULL (apm.upgrade.dbdict,save.dbdict)
SQL State: 42000-8180  Message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Statement(s) could not be prepared. (apm.upgrade.dbdict,save.dbdict)
SQL State: 42000-156   Message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'ADD'. (apm.upgrade.dbdict,save.dbdict)
Unrecoverable error in application:  sm.upgrade on panel call.service.pack
Unrecoverable error in application:  apm.upgrade.wizard on panel process.dbdict
Unrecoverable error in application:  apm.upgrade.dbdict on panel save.dbdict"

by the way i scaned the database for for errors and fixed manually all null values.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I had a similar problem, but for me it was the ComputerM1 table.
Do you have records in BizServiceM1? I'm guessing you do not.
I recommend you manually fix the table with an Alter Table command, then add a dummy record - that's what I had to do for ComputerM1.
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I had a lot of problems with my upgrade from 7.11 to 9.30, but for me, it was ComputerM1 table.

Your error looks like it may also be related to ComputerM1, So I'm including files I used to fix. See attachments.

First I dropped ComputerM1. Then I ran the Create Table program.

Then I ran the Alter Table program that adds in new fields.

Finally, I stopped/restarted the app service, then went into the application and in database (db <CR>) found computer, and manually added a dummy record. Then restarted the upgrade - Success!

Also, here is what your BizServiceM1 table should look like:

create table BIZSERVICEM1 (
LOGICAL_NAME  VARCHAR2(200)
,PROBLEM_MANAGER  VARCHAR2(140)
,SYSMODTIME  DATE
,SYSMODCOUNT  FLOAT(126)
,SYSMODUSER  VARCHAR2(60)
,SERVICE_STATUS  VARCHAR2(30)
,SERVICE_DESCRIPTION  CLOB
,ALLOWSUBSCRIPTION  CHAR(1)
,CM3SUBSCRIPTIONADD  VARCHAR2(30)
,CM3SUBSCRIPTIONREMOVE  VARCHAR2(30)
);
commit;

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Attachments in Zip file.

Highlighted
Absent Member..

After I had successfully upgraded once, I did a database Refresh, and re-ran the upgrade process again, making notes so that the upgrade of Production goes smoothly.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Catherine,

I suppose this is issue in base function RAD shipped OOB in SM.
Look in to some threads on forum regarding the same.

hth,
Absent Member..

Thanks Greg for your reply, but I've already 72 records in bizservice table

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I wonder what that table looks like. When you do a Describe on that table, what does the structure look like?

Because it may need Logical_name to be 200. If there was a problem with the alter table statement, it might not have updated the structure of the table properly.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Greg,

I discovered that the error in the OOB system, not in the table, so I opened another discussion with that error.

the new title is "SM 9.3 upgrade OOB system error for SQL statement".

I hope that you can help me for that error.

thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.