anusha rao Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SM 9.30: How to copy attachments from Incident to related interaction?

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know how do we copy attachments from an incident to the related interaction?

I checked several threads already posted on this forum and I see that all of them have the solution where in the attachments are copied from the interaction to the related incident.

I tried interchanging a few things in the same expression but that doesn't seem to work the other way round.

Any pointers on this will be very helpful..

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
21 Replies
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: SM 9.30: How to copy attachments from Incident to related interaction?

This would not be advisable. In some cases a single Incident could have multiple associated interactions (e.g. a global outage), which would then create multiple duplicate attachments.

What are you trying to do with attachments that requires they be copied down to the Interaction?

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Piku Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There is no way to copy attachments to different record/module without duplicating them.
Absent Member.

My client just wants that the attchments be copied from the incident to the related interaction. so that when the interaction is viewed the attchments in the related incidents can be downloaded from the interaction directly.

0 Likes
Piku Absent Member.
Absent Member.

so what is the issue? just follow the threads on forums, what error are you getting?
Absent Member.

i checked the forum link: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Manager-Service/Copy-the-attachment-from-interaction-to-incident/td-p/5215621#.UaHNsED-KuY

i changed the pre open expressions in "screlconfig" table for "incidents" as follows:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Manager-Service/Copy-the-attachment-from-interaction-to-incident/td-p/5215621#.UaHNsED-KuY

if (filename($L.related)="incidents" and filename($L.primary)="probsummary") then ($L.void=rtecall("blobcopy", $L.rc, "probsummary", number in $L.primary, "incidents", incident.id in $L.related))

But it simply does not copy the attchments from the incident to the related interaction.

Please let me know if anyone has a working solution to this one.. please let me know if i am missing something.

0 Likes
Piku Absent Member.
Absent Member.

where are you adding this expressions?
Absent Member.

in the "pre open expressions" tab in "screlconfig" table for "incidents"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Abhijit K Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

Below is working for me in production, i am copying attachment to change from Interaction

table: screlconfig,  filename: cm3r

Add to the "Post open expressions" line:

if (filename($L.related)=""cm3r"" and filename($L.primary)=""incidents"") then ($L.void=rtecall(""blobcopy"", $L.rc, ""incidents"", incident.id in $L.primary, ""cm3r"", number in $L.related))"

Re,

Abhijit K

Absent Member.

Hello Everyone,

I added the following expression under " post RAD expressions" of process "im.save"

$L.void=rtecall("blobcopy", $L.return.code, "probsummary", number in $L.file, "incidents", incident.id in $L.file)

This successfully copies over the attachment from incident to interaction.

but, there is a problem: when i try to update the incident after making the above changes i get the following error:

The record added contains a duplicate key (se.call.process, post.rad.exp)

file:(SYSATTACHMENTS) key:(application=incidents,topic=SD10003,type=5,segment=0,uid=XXXXXXXXXXXXX) (se.call.process,post.rad.exp)

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Anusha,

Ideally,You should use process which is called only once during escalation process.

Here It has already copied attachment but update process is calling "im.save" again so it is trying to copy attachment again on same ticket, that is why "record being duplicated error" is showing up.

Regards,

Abhijit K

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi Abhijit,

Thank you for the suggestion!

just to let you know that i am trying to copy attachments from incidents to interactions and not vice versa.

please let me know if anyone is aware of a process in which this expression can be used?

0 Likes
Gaurav_gds Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

You can try cc.open or similar cc. processes which gets called when an interactions gets opened for updation orfor browsing.

Taking scenario that an Incident is logged with attachement having a related Interaction.

Then if you put above expression in cc.open or cc.open.save process, it would pull attachement from related incident.

Assign Kudos by clicking on Star on your left ,if this post helped you in any manner...Thanks...

Gaurav
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Anusha,

Could you please explain more about "Incident to Interaction" process in your environment?

why reverse way?

Re,

Abhijit K

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi,

My customer wants that if an attachment is added to an incidents the same should be copied to and visible from the interaction. so that a user who only can see the interaction (like a ESS user) should be able to see the attachments uplaoded to the incident.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.