Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

SM 9.30 web tier installation on vmware

Can anyone guide how to do web tier installation on vmware in detail

SM server is installed in one server whereas web server has been recently migrated to vm onto different server. Web console used to work fine before migration that is when sm server and web server are in same server.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SM 9.30 web tier installation on vmware

Check if your webtier configuration is pointing to the correct SM server hostname and port number. My guess at this stage is that the configuration file web.xml is using localhost instead of the SM server hostname. Best to check Tomcat is working and you can access the tomcat page port 8080 via a browser and then check that you can ping the SM server and telnet the port from the new webtier vmware server.

The comms between server and webtier are all via Tomcat and how to connect is via the web.xml. So it should work unless I missed something else. I'm assuming no SSL is setup otherwise that's a whole lot of SSL stuff to recreate.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.