Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

SM 9.31: Mechanism of automatically populating the SD record's description field with text below

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have one "issue" wich bothers me for some time now, namely I wonder about the exact mechanism of automatically populating the SD record's description field with the following text:

**Title from related Incident record IM...: ...

I assume it's added to description field during the opening of related (i.e. linked) IM record or, perhaps, even during the proces of escalation of SD record respectivelly. (Also I think the populated text can later on never be updated again, i.e. also in the case when the "source" title in IM record is being changed by someone.)

The reason for my question is that I would like to use the translation for this text but so far I simply couldn't manage to even find the location of the original text (it's certainly not located under Messages, so it must be included in fixed way in some wizard, link, format or other control ...). And I am really not some greenhorn when "hacking" into SM here (but obviously I am no big expert either). However, I'm almost sure the information I want should not be that complex at all.

Kind regards,

Jure

- - - - - - - -
Walked the deserts, swam the shores, many ways in which I've grown.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

In the problem.incident.post.back link, under Source Field Name,  click on "incidents", then from the Options menu, select "Select Line".  In the Expressions section, you should see:

$L.string="**Title from related Incident record "+number in $L.target+":"
description in $L.source=description in $L.source+{$L.string}+{brief.description in $L.target}
resolution in $L.source=resolution in $L.source+resolution in $L.target

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I used the *afind.string RAD app to locate it.  It's in the problem.incident.post.back link record

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hello Tom,

I'm sorry for being a bit late, but - thanks for your reply!

However it doesn't help me with my "issue". I most probably searched for and browsed through the eventually relevant links before, so, yes, I know about those, but - can someone guide me to the exact location of the exact string of the text I mentioned in previous post? Where "in the SM code" can I see the following text:

**Title from related Incident record IMxxxxx:

?

Kind regards,

J.

P.S.: The source field in probsummary file is 'brief.description' (or Title in short). The target field in incidents file is 'description'.

The mentioned string followed by the every time's actual incident title is appended to interaction's description field existing contents during the closure of IM and SD record respectively.

- - - - - - - -
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You mean:IM_SD.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

In the problem.incident.post.back link, under Source Field Name,  click on "incidents", then from the Options menu, select "Select Line".  In the Expressions section, you should see:

$L.string="**Title from related Incident record "+number in $L.target+":"
description in $L.source=description in $L.source+{$L.string}+{brief.description in $L.target}
resolution in $L.source=resolution in $L.source+resolution in $L.target

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi again,

What can I say - many thanks for this micro-tutorial on (basics of?) SM links! 🙂

I obviously wasn't aware of this particular option, although, on the other side, I did check most of the rest from the Options menu (many times before) ... Probably I should start reading Help documentation more thoroughly in the future (or what?). 😛

However, if I may add (again) - in general, exactly this kind of cases, involving end-user experience as mine above, tell a lot about SM's un-intuitivity(!) (among other things). It's also why I'm constantly repeating my criticism of this HPE product all over certain (HPE) places. Especially if one takes into consideration how incomparable in intuitivity still are present-day HPE Service Manager and (BMC) Remedy's Action Request System from let's say 15 years ago(!).

I wish you a Happy Easter and may the chocolate be with you! 😉

J.

P.S.: ALARMus - nevertheless, thanks to you too!

- - - - - - - -
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You know, I looked at this link and did not understand why it works this way and not as all the standard links.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.