Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

SM 9.33 Error: Invalid syntax for query. Failed parsing (Ruleset.run,run.javascript)

Jump to solution

I created a new Field in the Device dbdict that is an array. It is a text box on the configuration item form.

Now when you update an SD, IM or Change that has a CI populated or if you are trying to fill a CI, I am getting the following error (attached).

This is from the logs:

A Performance-2-joindefs, Partial File Scan for query involving fields {join.tables,table.name}
   644(  3772) 06/23/2016 10:29:14  RTE A Mapping-3-RuleSet,tablename, SQL Query incomplete because field (tablename) in file (RuleSet) is mapped as an array ; user(weila), application(display), panel(show.rio)
   644(  3772) 06/23/2016 10:29:14  RTE A Performance-2-RuleSet, Partial File Scan for query involving fields {tablename, isAction} ; user(weila), application(display), panel(show.rio)
   644(  3772) 06/23/2016 10:29:15  RTE A Performance-6-RuleSet, Hit Ratio not achieved on file RuleSet and query ((lng(denull(tablename))=0 or tablename="incidents") and isAction=true):  Of 116 records checked, 79 did not match the query ; user(weila), application(display), panel(show.rio)

I tried moving the new field to the null table, but this has made no impact.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: SM 9.33 Error: Invalid syntax for query. Failed parsing (Ruleset.run,run.javascript)

Jump to solution

I have resolved the issue. After creating the new field I had completed a text import wizard to populate the new field. When I did this, the update added a “ into the CI Identifier field of 2 CI’s. Once I fixed this everything began working properly.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SM 9.33 Error: Invalid syntax for query. Failed parsing (Ruleset.run,run.javascript)

Jump to solution

Hello Andrew,

hope you are doing fine.

In this case would be very helpful check all the configuration you made step by step, obtain the complete sm.log file also, first we should try to reproduce the issue on our environment based on your configuration.

However, I noticed that a ticket support was already opened so soon the assigned engineer will contact you with the detail update.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

This is a major issue for us and I still haven't heard from anyone over there. What I really want to do is remove the field, but I can't figure out how to get it to move to the NULL table. Is there something that I need to do? Can you think of another method to remove the field?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

I have resolved the issue. After creating the new field I had completed a text import wizard to populate the new field. When I did this, the update added a “ into the CI Identifier field of 2 CI’s. Once I fixed this everything began working properly.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.