Highlighted
Norita Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

SM 9.34 Is there some kind of form or "splash/pop up window" to show after user login?

Jump to solution

Hello experts,  the system administrator wants to help the SM users showing them : advertising, improvments, tips, news...just in a  window when a user conects to SM, after login.

Perhaps it can be done with a menu launched after login.

Any suggestion will be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Good questions will have Good answers
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomPowe Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SM 9.34 Is there some kind of form or "splash/pop up window" to show after user login?

Jump to solution

on login.default format control, you could use the subroutines to call a wizard and in that wizard have a format that shows News.; that might work.

there also use to be a marquee function....but I don't know if that was replaced by something else.

4 Replies
Carlos_V_SM Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SM 9.34 Is there some kind of form or "splash/pop up window" to show after user login?

Jump to solution

Hello Norita,

hope yo are doing well.

This requirement you are asking for is a customization of the tool, in this case my suggestion would be to contact SM team support directly and proceed to make the request to development team to study the case.

Hope this helps.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
TomPowe Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

on login.default format control, you could use the subroutines to call a wizard and in that wizard have a format that shows News.; that might work.

there also use to be a marquee function....but I don't know if that was replaced by something else.

Norita Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you very much Tom.  I'll follow your recomendation

Best regards.

Good questions will have Good answers
0 Likes
Stacy-TVA Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

I find it very dissappointing that a tool as supposedly mature as MR Service Manager would require Customization to provide a simple splash screen for users when logging on.  The ability to do this without customization was surely available in the 90s for many many applications - and yet still not available in MF Service Mqanager.  That is not typical of a world class product!

Stacy Whetzell

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.