Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SM 9.4 - Need to display text on Mouse over in the fields inside a form

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement like  display some text on mouse over in the fields inside a form in the incident managment.

How to achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Amitha M

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SM 9.4 - Need to display text on Mouse over in the fields inside a form

@Amitha_M,

you can config the popup subform like below in the form designer for the field you like to have the mouse over:

2017-02-23_17-14-05.jpg

And then user can view the popup by mouse over on the "Info" icon.

2017-02-23_17-15-00.jpg

And previously, the popup can be triggered by mouse over in the field, but users report that it's too annoying if you mouse over the field by fault. So we changed the behavior to only when user mouse over on the "info" icon, they can get the additional information.

Let me know if it helps,

Ling-Yan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Ling-Yan,

Thanks for you reply .

I need to set the popup for the Text fields and combo box.

Is any way to achieve this.

Thanks & Regards,

Amitha M

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@Amitha_M,

You can use comfill to replace combo box by uncheck "fill button visible" and "third button visible".

2017-02-24_10-12-23.jpg

You can use comfill to replace text by uncheck  "Fill button visible", "Third button visible" and "Combo button visible"

Let me know if it helps,

Ling-Yan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI Ling-Yan,

Thanks for your reply.

I have done the requirement by the way you have told. But now it is displaying the text only after filling the combobox.

The requirement is to display the text (like details about that particular field) before filling the data.

Can u please suggest me a solution for this.

Thanks & Regards,

Amitha M

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

I don't kow about mouse over but you can press F1 to see details about a field on the web client.  And you can customize what text shows in the help table.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.