Super Contributor.. Jeff Lawrence Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

SM 9.4 - how to search a field in a join?

I have a join with 2 tables for devices - one is the device table and the other is called devicescommon. I can do searches for fields in the main "device" table, but I cant figure out how to search fields in both tables from one form.

what am i doing wrong?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Acclaimed Contributor.. Jacob Heubner Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: SM 9.4 - how to search a field in a join?

You should be able to use the 'Search Specific CI Type' option off the menu on the search screen.  That will take you to the CI record where you can search from, on fields that exist in your join.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.