Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
nwuest Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

SM 9.41 - Alternating View/Table Row Color?

Hi All, 

I'm trying to implement alternating color rows for certain views/tables that are created in Service Manager 9.41. 

Any hints on how this is done? In Service Desk it was easy becuase there was an option to do so but have yet to see that functionality in Service Manager.

I know in Service Desk I was able to select the colors while creating a view for users like in the screenshots below. *TOP: Service Desk with alternating color rows* *BOTTOM: Service Manager with no alternating color rows*

alternatetable.png

plaintable.png

Looking to accomplish something like this in HP Service Manager and I've got a kudo's to give out, so who can help? 😄

Thanks for the Momentum!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speed, Momentum, Intensity ... Never stop never stopping.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Kelalek2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: SM 9.41 - Alternating View/Table Row Color?

Can't figure out how this could be done in SM. View's "More" > "Customize current view" offers some Autoformat capabilities, but it's restricted to match/not match certain DB field values and render foreground color based on the information.

AFAIK, there's no runtime row number variable which could be checked if x/2 is even on not.

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
nwuest Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks for the reply Kelalek2,

Yeah I knew about the autoformat tab in the customize current view.

autoformat.png

I'm bummed out that I have yet to find anything on alternating table rows yet. This tool is pretty robust but it is lacking its polish in certain areas.

Speed, Momentum, Intensity ... Never stop never stopping.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Yep, you've have to file an enhancement request and try your luck, if HPE/MicroFocus implemented the feature.

---
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

While browsing through the webtier's web.xml settings file, I noticed this:

<!-- enable recordlist odd/even row style. -->
  <context-param>
    <param-name>enableRecordlistOddEvenRowStyle</param-name>
    <param-value>false</param-value>
  </context-param>

So the feature you missed does seem to exist. Obviously, this was a discovery to me...

---
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.