Highlighted
nwuest Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

SM 9.41 - Date-Timestamp with Operator after typing in notes

Good Day,

I'm in need of some scripting guru's who can help me with this next question.

I need a date-timestamp plus the operators name after they make a change to an incidient.
How does one set something up like this and where do they go to do this? The book material is a bit lacking and I believe that you need some serious Service Manager smarts to accomplish this and I know this is out of my league. 

Here is what I am looking for.
1. Enter in the information needed into the 'Comments' field.
2. Hit the save button.

testmessage.png

3. The 'Comments' field was added to the 'Problem Description / Information' field with the additional information in red. This is to simplify the note taking process for the operators who work on many of these incidents.

testmessage2.png

Any information of help on this is greatly appreciated. If you could help point me in the right direction please be concise 😄 and very literal. Someone help me with this MOMENTUM!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speed, Momentum, Intensity ... Never stop never stopping.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Likes
1 Reply
Outstanding Contributor.. AChandler Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: SM 9.41 - Date-Timestamp with Operator after typing in notes

Well, to be concise like you asked: Find the code that's getting executed when Save Comment is clicked, and insert into that code a statement to add your time/user stamp to the Problem Description block before it adds your comment.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.