Highlighted
New Member.

SM 9.41 Web Client login error "You have been logged out due to session timeout" error

Hi,

SM version: 9.41

Browser: IE 11

The web client has been working fine till one day, no users can login via browser. The moment the user hits the "Log In" button, the system logs in and then immediately returns back to the login page with error "You have been logged out due to session timeout".

However, these users have no issue logging in via windows client. We tried rebooting the entire web and app server, deleting browser cookies and doesnt help ro clear the problem.

Did anyone encounter this before? Is there any caching in the sm tables that prevent the users from logging via web client?

Many thanks in advance!

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SM 9.41 Web Client login error "You have been logged out due to session timeout" error

Is there a hardware load balancer fronting the webtier (i.e. Webserver and App Server)? If so, has something changed with session persistence? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: SM 9.41 Web Client login error "You have been logged out due to session timeout" error

No, theres no hardware loadbalancer. Its just a plain SM setup, with web, app and DB all in 1 server.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

In HPE knowledge base  is listed case QCCR1E136244 "Terminated sessions are not cleaned up, until eventually all available connections are used and users can no longer log in to Service Manager". The topic says it all.

I believe I've faced this issue once and also wondered why cleaning up the temp files and restarting web tier did not work. I think all we can do is to wait for a hotfix/patch - the KB article did not issue any workarounds.

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello smadm,

I remember that i have had the same problem with 9.21 version of hp service manager. The problem in my case is that i modified the index.html deployed in tomcat because we needed delete the login/pass textbox temporarily for avoid that the users could login inside the hp service manager. After a few days, i restored de index.html with available login/pass textbox but appeared the error that you say in this thread.

I resolved this problem delenting the tomcat files in /catalina path for force the rebuild of the files that tomcat gerate in this path when it have a deploy in it.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4626672/how-do-you-force-jsp-to-get-re-compiled

The URL is similar to 

${CATALINA_HOME}/work/Catalina/locahost/$WEBAPP

${CATALINA_HOME} - In my case, path of the tomcat is install

$WEBAPP - name of the application, in my case hpsm

You perform a backup before delete this files. The deleted step requieres restart the web application server to autogenerte the new files.

Best Regards and luck,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi,

I think issue with port been used, are u using ssl/sso?

If yes than in web.xml file of sm war file, provide the right port.

In case you are not using ssl, then check the web.xml file, check the port, server host name and make sure that ssl is marked false.

Hope this help

Regards,

Sanjay

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Nice, HPE released a hotfix yesterday to patch "sessions not cleaned" problem (QCCR1E136244). Open a support case to get a hotfix.

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.