Established Member.. Leon_Van_Dongen
Established Member..

SM 9.50 upgrade patch location?

Jump to solution

I'm on SM 9.34 and downloaded SM 9.51 server upgrade.  However, it advises that I can't upgrade from my current version. Reading the doco I found this:

To upgrade the Service Manager server from a version earlier than 9.50 to version 9.51, you must first install Service Manager 9.50, and then upgrade to Service Manager 9.51

However, I can't find 9.50 anywhere on HP's site.  I can find 9.4x and 9.51, but no 9.50.  Does anyone have a link to it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Acclaimed Contributor.. Kelalek2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: SM 9.50 upgrade patch location?

Jump to solution

In HPE's mindset major releases and patches are a bit different stuff. So far, every major release - like 9.40 and 9.50 - are downloadable only in ISO format. Which means, you have to burn a DVD or use virtual ISO drive to get the upgrade files.

EDIT: 9.40 was released in ISO format, but after I checked both files, 9.50 release consists of zip files and therefore the need to burn DVD discs is gone. Hooray! I assume the "container friendly" approach is one reason for change.

They can be found from "Software updates". This link worked for me, please note that a valid HPE SAID is needed to get the ISO/zips downloaded.

https://h20575.www2.hpe.com/usbportal/softwareupdate.do?lang=en&cc=us&hpappid=PDAPI_PRMO_PRO2_USB

After that, you can use the patches which you already found.

And yes, HPE's approach is a bit old-fashioned one. I'd rather have a one "latest release" upgrade package than to collect and install separate pieces from different locations.

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
9 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
I don't know if this tip stills works. Try searching for the keyword, 'supersede' on the web page where you got 9.51. I remember that supersede link always bring you back to one version back.
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

In HPE's mindset major releases and patches are a bit different stuff. So far, every major release - like 9.40 and 9.50 - are downloadable only in ISO format. Which means, you have to burn a DVD or use virtual ISO drive to get the upgrade files.

EDIT: 9.40 was released in ISO format, but after I checked both files, 9.50 release consists of zip files and therefore the need to burn DVD discs is gone. Hooray! I assume the "container friendly" approach is one reason for change.

They can be found from "Software updates". This link worked for me, please note that a valid HPE SAID is needed to get the ISO/zips downloaded.

https://h20575.www2.hpe.com/usbportal/softwareupdate.do?lang=en&cc=us&hpappid=PDAPI_PRMO_PRO2_USB

After that, you can use the patches which you already found.

And yes, HPE's approach is a bit old-fashioned one. I'd rather have a one "latest release" upgrade package than to collect and install separate pieces from different locations.

---
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Sorry Kelakek2 is right. My tip only works on patches. For major version, its like Kelakek said.
0 Likes
Established Member.. Leon_Van_Dongen
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks. I'm downloading from the Software updates portal.  I just hope it's the upgrade files and not the base install only.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Don't worry, it contains both the base installation (for the new clients) and upgrade packages & instructions. Checked it once more. There's a doc called "SM_upgrade_guide.pdf" in the "Documentation" folder to guide you forward.

I have not yet upgraded any environment to 9.5x branch, but I expect it will easier now (than the last one SM 9.34 non-PD -> SM 9.41 PD), 'cause we went "Full Codeless" during the last upgrade process.

---
0 Likes
useretail Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi friends, can anyone share somewhere the latest SM installation ISO 9.51?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
0 Likes
useretail Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Jas1, thanks, but it says that I don't have permission. Can you upload them somewhere?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Nope. I'll get in trouble with HP. It's their propriety software. If you have a support contract with HP, you would have a system agreement id which you can link to your user id and obtain permission to download the patch.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.